Sunday, October 9, 2011

Corn Row braiding

Years ago, in beauty school, we learned how to corn row hair among many other things. But honestly, corn rowing hair has never been asked of me, so I never honed that skill. Welll, with a some encouragement from a friend, I am learning so that I can sew in hair tracks for upcoming projects I am working on but also in case I need to sew in hair for a client.
It's been a whole day of practicing and it's been tough. My fingers are not used to that small movement with fine detail. I'm going to keep practicing the actual cornrow braid. Once I get comfortable enough and fast enough, I'm going to start corn row braiding with adding loose extension hair. That will help soft fine hair be a little coarser to hold the braid longer.  After I learn to corn row well enough to put in rows for sewing in hair, that's the next thing I will learn and practice. Once corn rows are in, I'll sew the tracks in.
It's a fun project and I'm glad I was encouraged to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment