Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hair color videos

Since I love to share information and teach classes, it's not surprise that I would find may ways to share!  I have worked for a Hair color company named Keune in the past where I would share information about the company and it's color line. Being in the salon environment was fabulous so it was always good times however it was not as frequent as I would have liked. So my next idea was to get licensed to be a Cosmetology Instructor. Since I have been licensed for 18 years, I was eligible to take the tests without having to go to another school to learn. I passed the tests the first time around!! So without wasting any time, I prepared my resume and began dropping them and emailing them to local beauty schools. After some time, I was hired by a local private school for 2 days per week. It was challenging in the beginning but after a rough patch, it came together. I was a floor instructor who also got to teach advanced classes. That was a lot of fun. Actually, it all was. I really, really enjoyed it. But at some point in April 2013, my legs decided it was too much for me and I resigned. It broke my heart but it was the right decision.

Because I am in the salon 4 days a week, I still have 2 days to find something else to do!! As you may or may not know, I've done amateur photography and even learned about lighting, photoshop programs, etc. I enjoy the challenge to learn something new! So, when I asked my photography friend if she'd be up for making hair color and hair cut videos, she said Yes!!  For the past few weeks, we have gathered models, ideas and set up these video and/or photo shoots! Yes, they are a lot of work but we love the challenge. Since leaving the school May 1, 2013  we have shot and produced 5 amateur videos for Youtube. My channel name is Pamdoeshair, at least it is for now!! Silly name but I like it.

I'm not sure how many we will do but I have a few more ideas rolling around!  It is a lot of fun and I still get to:  Learn something new (video and video editing) and I still get to share information. Because I am that way at heart, it is inevitable that I will find myself back into some form of education. We shall see, wont' we?

No comments:

Post a Comment